Get to know the crew at Marda Loop Brewing!
Meet Mike. Owner. Brewer.
1) What made you decide to open a brewery?
I really love connecting with happy people. The brewery also gives me an outlet to connect with the community and contribute.
2) We get that it’s hard to choose just one, but if there’s a brew you’ve made that you are absolutely stoked on, which one is it and what makes it so awesome?
I'd say the day I finalized Passchedaele Pale Ale was near bliss!
3) You’re focused heavily on engaging the community with the brewery. Why is community so important to you?
As I've gotten older, I've come to realize that when we all band together, great things always happen. Plus, I have been blessed by an amazing mentor over the past 20 years!
4) The MLBC initiative is pretty awesome. What made you decide to give back?
Being able to help families, people, children, animals, it makes my heart full.
5) Word is that you’re going to have some dips and sauces to serve with the fries. That’s great and all, but what we really want to know is crinkle cut or not?
Ha ha! Likely not at first but we have been really purposeful in keeping things simple to begin with and then elevating as we get feedback. So it could be in the near future!
Lolly is a passionate social justice advocate. She's the mastermind behind all of our community initiatives and social responsibility, and we're pretty sure that she must have been a Jeopardy champion in a past life because she seems to know a little bit (okay a lot) about literally everything.
1) What’s the most ridiculous fact you know?
Having completed a PhD in Human & Organizational Systems, I can tell you that I have gone down a multitude of rabbit holes to discover a host of ridiculous facts. It’s impossible to limit them to one.
2) How do you feel about putting pineapple on pizza?
I feel that pineapple on pizza is an assault to culinary excellence and not befitting epicurean tradition.
3) What’s the most beautiful place you’ve ever been?
The Oregon Coast with its European beach grass, stunning rock formations, vast sand dunes, low tide that stretches forever and coincidentally named to National Geographic’s 2013 list of “The World’s 100 Most Beautiful Places”. Plus it’s a stone’s throw away from the iconic Tillamook Cheese and Ice Cream factory.
4) Would you rather live for a week in the past or the future?
I would rather live a week in the past – the week I lived out my fairy tale and married my Beloved Mike de Jonge.
5) If you could eat only 3 foods for the rest of your life, what would they be?
Grapefruit and dark chocolate chunk cookies from Marda Loop's A Cookie Occasion.
Meet Kyla. Social + Marketing Wizard.